Japan > Everywhere else
This is Japan in a nutshell. Forget all the crazy stuff with the weird tv programs and the cosplaying—that’s just the outer shell that gets attention because it’s unusual. This, this is the beauty of the country. I’ve had little grandmothers chase me down because I dropped my shinkansen tickets. In amusement parks, the attendants do their upmost to get lost items (usually cardigans or kids’ shoes) back to the owners—before the owners even realize they’d lost said item(s). I’ve had complete strangers not only give my thorough directions but have offered to drive me to the place I needed to go.
It is so, so, so hard to go back to the States after you get the J-treatment. I mean, Japan has its downside (“What is this madness you call pizza???”), but the general attitudes of everyone—even the so-called hardcore yankees (two of whom who, on a blazing summer day, helped me find one of my schools when I was heinously lost in the labyrinth that is the neighborhood in which said school is located)—is the epitome of the mindset that I wish everyone would adopt. Because yelling at people gets you nowhere. And being able to empathize with people kinda helps make this country a really nice place to live in.
Reblogging again for THIS ↑↑↑↑
THIS IS THE MOST ACCURATE POST I’VE SEEN ON TUMBLR
Welcome to tumblr
fandom, fandom, gay porn, fandom, fandom
can someone please put the yahoo logo over mark’s face?
did this broccoli just flip me off?
someone add glasses and a scarf
ask and ye shall receive.
I really do like it when people tell me about themselves. It doesn’t matter what, it can be about their day, what they did that they found amazing, what their hobbies are, etc. I like knowing about people, in a way, it makes me feel like they trust me. You’re not bothering me with your rambling, I actually prefer to listen.
Leonardo DiCaprio tried to make fun of his character with the line “I will just wait here”, when in fact that line wasn’t originally scripted. Everyone started laughing and James Cameron said that the line was “Too funny” to ignore it.
Not funny enough for an oscar.
You’re going to hell for that
- society: oh you have your period? well you have two options.
- woman: okay.
- society: you can use sanitary pads, which make you feel like you are wearing a diaper, and have the added fun benefit of being extremely uncomfortable and give you the extreme paranoia that they will not be enough coverage and at any moment with any movement or sudden sneeze you'll bleed over onto your clothes and walk around all day with blood stained trousers while everyone points and laughs at you.
- woman: sounds awful. what's my second option.
- society: a penis shaped wad of cotton that you shove uncomfortably inside yourself and it catches the blood before it leaves your body.
- woman: still seems pretty awful.
- society: wait! it gets better! there's the outside chance that using those will kill you!
- woman: well, are they at least free? like how men can have access to free condoms? i mean, it's not like i'm choosing for this to happen.
- society: HAHAHA! that's funny. no, you have to pay for them. and they're really fucking expensive.
- society: oh, and if you tell anyone that you ARE on your period, your judgement, opinions, and reactions are going to be dismissed as the crazy ramblings of a lunatic.
- woman: i think i'll go with my third option.
- society: what third option?
- woman: i think i'll bleed on everything you love.
I’m so happy I could do this with you. Wie Faust aufs Auge.
i’m reblogging this because it’s perfect
Page 1 of 468